The Knights of the Cross
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thanks for playing

Go down

Thanks for playing Empty Thanks for playing

Post  KingdomSlayer Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:13 pm

Hey!

You probably wound up here in the pursuit of nostalgia. I understand. I'm here for that too.

Anyway, most of you reading this already know me, but to those who don't, I'm KingdomSlayer, the OGM for the OOC and all its divided guilds over the years.

We had an excellent run, all things considered. When I first downloaded the beta all those years ago I hardly expected what I'd run into. I liked the idea of making a guild for the benefit of others, but I in no way expected a reaction like what I received.

In only a few months, we were the largest guild in the game. We were not collated for the sake of loot, or simple companionship, but ultimately we unified for the sake of helping others; to provide a small sliver of light into their lives, however small, however quaint, and in the medium of a video game, no less.

Let me just say then, that I'm incredibly proud of you, and am incredibly honored to have experienced such profound memories with you all.

Like all material formations of mankind, the guild too must end, but it is not something to be sad for. Life is not beautiful without death; you cannot have the birth without the lack thereof. I'd like to encourage you to look back on the memories with a grateful heart and a cheerful disposition, knowing that a hundred strangers can meet over the internet, and decide to do something nice for a change. I'd also like to encourage you to bring that compassion and willingness for generosity along with you for your life's travels. I'm confident that, if you haven't yet tried it, that such a disposition will serve you as well as it has served me.

That's really all I have to say. Thanks again. I might forget your names, your faces, and your loadouts, but I will long hold the memories.

FOR THE ORDER!
KingdomSlayer
KingdomSlayer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum